Friday, December 16, 2016

ED 645 - Week 8

This week, we finalized our teaching philosophy. In theory, I thought it would be a breeze to write my philosophy. Upon writing it though, it proved to be a much more difficult task. It really is hard to form up an entire theory in two pages. There was so much I wanted to say but so little real estate to do it in. Thoughts need to be presented clearly to the reader while ensuring that everything that is important to you as a teacher is covered. I found that some important things had to be left out so I could ensure the most important points were conveyed. The one saving grace is that this document is part of an entire portfolio. This allows me to highlight other important aspects of my teaching by providing examples of my philosophy in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. We loved the line about "real estate" - so true! Your teaching philosophy will show through in your professional portfolio. Have a restful break and best of luck to you! SZ and AL

    ReplyDelete