Maryland Teacher Technology Standards
|
SEVEN STANDARDS AND
OUTCOMES
|
INDICATORS |
|
Processing and Application
Access,
evaluate, process and apply information efficiently and effectively.
|
1.
Identify, locate, retrieve and
differentiate among a variety of electronic sources of information using
technology. – I will constantly be looking at new
technology sources to use in my classroom. I will also work collaboratively
with other teachers in order to discover new tools and to share new tools I
have found.
2.
Evaluate information critically
and competently for a specific purpose. – Prior to
presenting the tool to my students, I will make sure the tool serves the
purpose I intend for it to serve. I will do this through focus group or
teacher discussion.
3.
Organize, categorize and store
information for efficient retrieval. – I will use
Symbaloo, Google Docs, or another form to store the needed information.
4.
Apply information accurately in
order to solve a problem or answer a question. – I will
ensure the tool serves the intended purpose by using the tool prior to
sharing with students.
|
|
1.
Use telecommunications to
collaborate with peers, parents, colleagues, administrators and/or experts in
the field. – I will use email to effectively
communicate with parents, students, and colleagues. I am interested in using
Remind to communicate with students via text message/app.
1.
Select appropriate technologies for a particular communication goal.
2.
Use productivity tools to
publish information.
3.
Use multiple digital sources to
communicate information online.
In order to use the most
effective tool for a particular goal, I will need to develop a list of
resources. I will need to use the resources and annotate what each tool would
be best for. As new goals emerge, it will be important to review my
annotations and make adjustments as necessary. I will use tools that are
certified by the school system in which I am teaching. I plan on using blogs
and wikis for students to share information amongst their class.
|
III. Legal, Social and Ethical Issues
Demonstrate
an understanding of the legal, social and ethical issues related to
technology use.
|
1.
Identify ethical and legal
issues using technology.
2.
Analyze issues related to the
uses of technology in educational settings.
3.
Establish classroom policies
and procedures that ensure compliance with copyright law, Fair Use guidelines, security, privacy
and student online protection.
4.
Use classroom procedures to
manage an equitable, safe and healthy environment for students.
I will complete training
within my school system on technology use. If I have any questions, I will
contact the correct person to obtain answers. I will protect not only my
identity but the identity of my students. I will stay current on training and
ensure my students are trained on proper use of technology. I will develop a
contract for students to review and sign for safe technology use.
|
|
IV. Assessment for
Administration and Instruction
Use
technology to analyze problems and
Dev develop data-driven solutions for
instructional and school improvement.
|
1.
Research and analyze data
related to student and school performance.
2.
Apply findings and solutions to
establish instructional and school improvement goals.
3.
Use appropriate technology to
share results and solutions with others, such as parents and the larger
community.
Using tools like online quizzes
and surveys, I will be able to obtain data related to student performance. I
can then compile data in order to present findings to appropriate persons.
|
|
V.
Integrating Technology into the Curriculum
and Instruction
Design,
implement and assess learning
experiences that incorporate use of technology
in a curriculum-related instructional activity to
support understanding, inquiry, problem solving,
communication and/or collaboration.
|
1.
Assess students’ learning/
instructional needs to identify the appropriate technology for instruction.
2.
Evaluate technology materials
and media to determine their most appropriate instructional use.
3.
Select and apply research-based
practices for integrating technology into instruction.
4.
Use appropriate instructional strategies
for integrating technology into instruction.
5.
Select and use appropriate
technology to support content-specific student learning outcomes.
6.
Develop an appropriate
assessment for measuring student outcomes through the use of technology.
7.
Manage a technology-enhanced
environment to maximize student learning.
I will maintain a personal
presence in all online/technology tools used in my classroom. I will develop
consequences for students that fail to comply with the rules of technology
use. I will use surveys to monitor student/parent impressions of technology
use in my classroom. I will provide students in class time in order to access
the technology tools. I will make sure that technology tools are content
specific or that the tool achieves the curricular goals of my classroom.
|
|
VI.
Assistive Technology
Understand
human, equity and developmental issues surrounding the use of assistive
technology to enhance student learning performance and apply that
understanding to practice.
|
1. Identify and analyze assistive technology
resources that accommodate individual student learning needs.
2. Apply assistive technology to the
instructional process and evaluate its impact on learners with
diverse backgrounds, characteristics
and abilities.
I will ensure that my students have sufficient classroom time to
work on the technology tools. This way, support can be given to students that
need it. I can use tools, like Blendspace, to differentiate learning so that student’s
individual needs can be accommodated. I will seek out support from support
staff if needed in my classroom.
|
|
VII.
Professional Growth
De Develop professional practices that
support continual learning and professional growth in technology.
|
1.
Create a professional
development plan that includes resources to support the use of technology in
life long learning
2.
Use resources of professional
organizations and groups that support the integration of technology into
instruction.
3.
Continually evaluate and
reflect on professional practices and emerging technologies to support
student learning.
4.
Identify local, state and
national standards and use them to improve teaching and learning.
I will connect with teachers
outside of my school in order to continually grow professionally. I will
perform routine reflection on the tools used in my classroom, including how I
teach the tool and whether or not the tool remains a valid choice.
|
|
Accepted
by the Maryland
State Board of
Education, March 22, 2002
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment